Master of Engineering in Project Management (MEng PMGT)
Project management responsibilities include creating clear and attainable project objectives, building the project requirements, and managing the triple constraint for projects: cost, time, and scope.
KU’s School of Engineering M.E. in Project Management degree provides engineering managers with the skills and knowledge to successfully bridge the fields of engineering, technology, people, and business. Coursework can be completed entirely on the KU Edwards Campus.
Accelerator Admission Details
|Direct MAP||Advanced MAP|
|IELTS||6.5 (no part score below 6.0)||6.0 (no part score below 5.5)|
|TOEFL IBT||84 (no part score below 23 except speaking)||70 (no part score below 19 except speaking)|
|Program Start Date||Spring or Fall||Spring or Fall|
Qualifying undergraduate degrees:
A four-year bachelor’s degree in any of the below engineering disciplines will be accepted:
- Architectural Engineering
- Biological/Agricultural Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Chemical/Petroleum Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Management
- Engineering Physics
- Engineering Science
- Environmental Engineering
- Materials/Ceramics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Nuclear Engineering
- Ocean Engineering
- Systems/Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
Additional entry requirements:
- Two years of full-time professional experience working as an engineer, or as a technical person working with or for an engineer, is required for entry through any Master’s Accelerator track, regardless of GPA and IELTS.
- Math: Minimum cumulative math GPA of 3.0, with no class below a 2.0.
- Chemistry: Students must have taken coursework in Engineering Chemistry or Chemistry for Engineers. Chemistry courses must be taken in conjunction with a laboratory class.
- Physics: Students must have taken coursework in Engineering Physics or Physics for Engineers. Physics courses must be taken in conjunction with a laboratory class.
- A math placement exam may be required for certain engineering programs.
Note: Students enrolled in the Master of Engineering in Project Management degree will take courses on KU’s Edwards Campus in Kansas City. While students are in their Master’s Accelerator semester(s), they will be provided with free transportation from the Lawrence campus to the Edwards campus.
Sample MAP Coursework
- Personal Development for the Engineering/Project Manager (closed course)
- Finance for the Project Manager
- Project Management Fundamentals
Once students successfully complete their MAP curriculum and meet the progression requirements for their degree, students progress into their master’s degree. They will bring 6 or 9 credits with them that count towards the total number of credits required for their degree. Students will pay KU’s standard cost per credit hour for the duration of their degree. The average graduate student will take 9-12 credits per semester, based on workload, course availability, and number of credits needed. Direct MAP students are enrolled in their degree program from the start and do not need to meet any requirements to progress.
|Direct MAP||Advanced MAP|
|Credits Earned Towards Degree||9||6|
|Progression Requirements||Maintain status||Graduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
No grade lower than a B