Apply for Your Visa
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
a. Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
b. Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
c. Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
1. Complete your Visa Application.
2. Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
3. Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
4. Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
5. Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Other links that international students find useful: